Sunday, February 13, 2005

Mountain Madonna hiking trip

White Deer -- Taken from the hiking trip at Mountain Madonna Saturday afternoon.


The trip was organized by supertime group. I never realized there are so many Chinese people in bay area until I got to the parking lot.

It rained hard yesterday, so the trail is kind of muddy, but still it was a good hike.

There was some small episode during the trip. I was hiking with my camera hanging around my neck. After going down hill for a little bit over one hour, I suddenly realized that my lense shade was gone. Someone in the group told me that he saw it 20 minutes ago on the trail. Eagleye and Big Iron Hammer were very nice to help me looking for it. So we turned around while other people kept going down hills. We walked uphill for around 15 minutes, and I saw my lense shade sleeping on the ground waiting for me. I was so glad that I found it, and it didn’t drop into the mud either! But I didn’t stay happy for very long because none of us had a map, and there is no cell phone signal in the mountain at all. There are so many branches on the trail. And no one remembered how we got there. We were lost! Luckily, we somehow remembered that we went down hill all the way. So we thought as long as we walked uphill, we should be fine. So we made our decision for just going uphill and stuck with it. After some detour, we finally found our way out. Phew!