Saturday, June 11, 2005

What is Love?

I kept asking myself this question, what is Love? How do I know what I’m feeling is love? How do I know it’s not just a temporary fascination? I don’t know the answer. There are so many questions around it, but I cannot get the answer. I know I’m having such a feeling that I never had before, it can make me go extreme, extremely happy or extremely sad.

Love is about giving and receiving. I used to think that I am a self-centered person, ‘cause I always receive more than I give. I hurt people in that sense. Then I started to learn how to give, I found out the more you give, the easier you get hurt. But if there is no hurt, how do you know there is real love? Therefore, even though it hurts, I still think giving is a better feeling. And only until I know how to give, I start to really appreciate for the love I receive. But giving and receiving has to be balanced. If I keep giving out my love but don’t get any back, my heart will be hurt. It will be empty in the end. When a heart is empty, it will take time to refill. Maybe the heart can still receive love, but it has nothing to give back. Maybe with enough love the heart receives the wound can be healed, but who knows how long it will take. It has to wait, wait until the sparkle comes, until the heart is filled with love again.

Love is like sunset, so beautiful but sad.