Monday, May 30, 2005

SF Carnaval

I went to SF Carnaval Parade with my photography friends yesterday.

SF Carnaval


The parade starts at 9:30 am. In order to get some staging pictures, Big Iron Hammer suggested that we should leave at 7:30 am so that we can get there about an hour before the parade starts. I got up at 6:30 am (I'm very proud of myself), put on my 10 pockets pants and 6 pockets vest (so that I can look like a professional :P) and went to Palo Alto to car pool with him.

We arrived at Harrison Street at around 8:50 am and parked the car on 15th street. It's a little chilly in the morning, but everyone is excited about the parade. We didn't really know where the parade starts. To make things even worse, a volunteer gave us wrong direction. So when we got to the staging area, parade already started. We stood behind the yellow line, starting to shoot pictures. Suddenly a familiar figure passed by inside the parade -- it's Howard! -- The chairman from my photography club. He got the media pass, that lucky guy! He can go inside the yellow line and take pictures as close as he wants. I was so jealous of him, I shall definitely get a media pass too next time.

The parade is fantastic. Pretty girls, handsome guys, great music and dance moves. If my throat is ok, I would go dancing in the crowds for sure since I love dancing. The dresses those girls wear are shiny and very beautiful, but I thought that I would see more skins in the parade. :P I went to the staging area, killed many flash card memories. It's like the real model photographing. In the staging area, you can ask those girls to pose for you, and you will see a dozen of photographers carrying their long or short "guns" to shoot the girls. The prettiest girl is always swamped with all the photographers around her. Well, I'm a no exception, I like to shoot pretty girl too. But I also like to shoot handsome guy. I got quite a few pictures which I consider as good ones. My favorite one is a half naked guy. :)

狂舞