Thursday, May 12, 2005

Prepare for the Mono lake trip

Since I like photographing, I'm always browsing online to see other people's pictures. Many of them have nice pictures of Mono Lake. The pictures are mostly taken at the sunset time. In those pictures, everything is wearing a golden red color. The clouds are red, the lake is red. The tall white tufas stand in the lake, with the red reflection from the water, mysterious yet beautiful. It just excites you to see those pictures and makes you wanna go there. So when eagleeye asks me to go to Mono Lake for photographing, I accepted right away with not a little hesitation. Finally I can see the real thing, instead of just browsing other people's pictures now. :)

I asked two of my gangs to go with me, B and J. Since the weather has been weird this year (it still has rains at this season), HW 120 is still closed. We have to drive through Tahoe and get there by HW 395. The driving will take about 6-7 hours. So we decided to take Monday off so that we can have three days, enough time to visit all the places we want to go.

We had dinner together tonight, made a good plan for the trip -- picking the places where we want to visit and proposing where we are going to have lunches/dinners on the way. Since both eagleeye and I are from the photographing club, we really want to take some good sunset pictures of Mono Lake. He suggested that we'll stay in the motel by the lake. But it's a very small town there, so all the restaurants there will be closed after the sunset. B came up with this great idea that we'll bring our own stuff and have hot pot in the motel. Therefore after dinner, B, J and I went to buy food/snacks. We bought a full load of snacks and hot pot food. It should be enough for three days. :)

Last weekend from Shoreline Park