Saturday, May 14, 2005

Ice Skating

N organized an ice skating event for tonight. I don't know how to ice skate at all, I don't even know how to roller blade. I was thinking that I need to prepare for tomorrow's trip, such as buying snacks, drinks, etc. Since we did that yesterday, there is not much left for me to prepare today, so I decided to go.

N posted the address of the ice skating place online, I printed out Yahoo map. But the map is wrong, it took me 20 minutes driving on that street back and forth to look for the place. And N's cell phone is not working. I have no idea where it is. Then I saw J and B, who seemed clueless as I were. But 3 brains are always better than one, we finally managed to find the place.

I'm not good at balancing, and I'm really scared of falling down. So during the whole time, either I have some people beside me to drag me on the ice, or I just grab the wall and move very carefully. So I didn't fall even once, of course I still don't know how to skate. :P

B is very good at skating, he can do all kinds of stuff on ice. There is one move, we call it "crab move". Because he has his legs wide open, with his knees bending, he glides while keeping his legs and knees in the same surface. He does look like a crab from certain point of view. :P And he really likes doing that, keeping doing it over and over. I think it's very hard to control the weight center and speed in that posture, I saw him falling down on his butt twice. :P

We had dinner at TGIFriday afterwards, and some people still wanted to go clubbing or play poker. I need to get up at 7am for my trip. Geee, it's 2am now, I'd better sleep. :)

Last weekend from Shoreline park