Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Customer Escalations

Yesterday was a busy day!

My boss went to Hawaii yesterday morning. I had a chat with him on Monday. He told me that I need to take care of all the customer escalations when he is gone. He said it should be ok, 'cause there was nothing coming up for last week at all. I was thinking "Cool, no boss for a whole week! :D"

So as usual, I got up late in the morning and came into office quite late. Then suddenly I found out that people were looking for me the whole morning. Emails were piled up in my outlook about customer escalations! I felt like that there was some conspiracy between my boss and the customers. They just hold all the bugs until my boss is gone for the week. :( So I jumped into work, switching and building the system, going through all the issues and working on the important ones. Geeeee, when bad things happen, they all happen at the same time. So many issues! No time for a relaxing lunch, have to eat in front of my laptop, not even time for bathroom. Customer is waiting for the fix by 5pm. Hurry, hurry, hurry! No walk in the office, if I wanted to talk to people, I ran to them, good exercise though. Director came, QA manager came, ASD people came, I'm working, I'm working on it. Phew, finally we got everything done and tested before 5pm, we sent the jar out. Time to take a break!