Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween party

Fall is leaving. Orange color everywhere, it's Halloween again. I decided to join the company's Halloween party this year, the biggest question is what to wear? I have been an Indian girl, and a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon girl in the past years, what should I be this year?

Costume contest is always fun, fun to watch, more fun to participate. You can see all kinds of costumes, cheap, fancy, funny, creative, good or bad. I have a skeleton costume at home, but I decided to go a little sexy. :P Cow girl seems a good idea, I have the whole outfit -- jean shirt, jean skirt, fancy belt, boots and cow boy hat, and I even have a handcuff. So I tried out my clothes at home Saturday. I put everything on, and looked into the mirror, hmmmm, not too bad, and the best part about this outfit is that it's ZERO cost! :D No need to spend extra money on costume. I even found a handkerchief to put on as a mask, so I can look like a western gangster. But I need a gun to look like a real gangster. So over the weekend, I went everywhere looking for a cowboy gun with holster, but unluckily, I cannot find any. It's sold out in Halloween store and all the other toy stores don't carry toy guns any more. :( So I have to be a gangster without a gun.

I went to work this morning with my whole cow girl outfit, I even put on my real leather jacket. I'm an Asian Cow girl gangster -- or whatever I look like. Then I started to chat with my co-worker V, luckily, she said her son may have a toy gun, and her hubby is going to meet her for lunch, so I borrowed a toy gun from her son, which made me look like a real gangster. :)

I went to the costume contest. I was a little disappointed that not many people dressed up, but there were some very cool costumes. Lots of kids were running around in their costumes, little spider man or fairies. Every kid is getting a 7 (full score) from the judges. Dan dressed up like a cow boy, and he has some really cool gadgets -- a nice cow boy gun with holster, real spurs he just got in today by mail, and nice cow boy hat. Since he got the real spurs, he gave me his toy ones. So I even have a pair of spurs on my boots, I felt more and more like a real cow girl gangster. :P But when Dan went on to the stage, I heard someone is asking how come he worn the same outfit as last year. Geeeze, do people really remember what costumes other people wear every year?

My favorite one is the guy as the little red riding hood. He is hilarious, he has beard and moustache, but wearing a red cape with black skirt and a basket. When it’s his turn to show off his costume, he just hopped on to the stage, and went to give the judges bribes -- cookies from his basket. So he got 7 from all the judges. This really is -- 拿人家手短,吃人家嘴短。


My Costume