Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Badminton Badminton Badminton

Hmmm, I haven't updated my blog for a while. What have I been doing these days besides working, eating and sleeping? Practicing badminton.

Yeah, I'm really into badminton now. I played 3 times last week, Wednesday lunch time, Wednesday night and Sunday afternoon. I went to practice last night again, I'm sore everywhere now. But it's a good workout for me. :)

It all started the first time I played with my co-workers. I did so horrible, everybody beats me. I got 0-15 when I played with B for single game. I don't like to be beaten; I need to have my revenge game sometime soon.

That reminds me of how I started to play ping-pong at work. When I first started to play PP, I was very bad, I can't serve, I can't smash, and I can't even return any spin ball. I probably was the worst player in the team back then. But I enjoyed the game and I like to be competitive. So I practiced and asked all the better players to play with me. I didn't have good PP skill, so I worked on strategy, playing with brain, trying to hit the ball to the unexpected corner so that it's hard for my opponent to return. I practiced a lot and I got better and better, then I started to beat one by one. It was like in a video game, I played with a good player, and I beat him. Then I went to challenge the better player, I beat him... Finally I beat the best player in the team at that time, and won my PP champion title.

I guess I have that competitive side in me since I was young. I remembered that when I was in the second year in high school, we had a math quiz in the beginning of the semester. I failed the quiz and only got 45, the lowest score in the class. I was shocked by myself; my math teacher was shocked too. My math teacher came to talk to me, I felt so embarrassed that I just kept crying. Then I made up my mind to study really hard on math. From then on, for all the quizzes, I never had a score below 90, no matter how many students failed those quizzes. In the last year of high school, I was one of the two students who represented my high school to compete in the Shanghai high school students’ math competition. And I got 3rd rank.

It's the same thing in badminton game. I know I'm not as good as the other people, so I need more practice; I need to work hard on my skill and foot works. And I really enjoy playing it. Hopefully, I’ll get a lot of improvement and have my revenge game in a few months. :P