Sunday, October 16, 2005

High Maintainence

I was having dinner with a friend yesterday. We were chatting about relationship during dinner. And he said that girls like me (basically intelligent, humorous, attractive ... :P thanks for putting me into this category) are high maintenance. I was trying to argue with him that I'm not high maintenance. I said I don't buy brand named clothes or purses, I don't have to use the top class cosmetics, and actually I haven't been shopping for clothes for about half a year, and I don’t wear any jewelry at all. But then he explained that the kind of high maintenance for me is not materialized. Girls like me need lots of TLC (tender, love, care), we are emotional high maintenance.

I tried to argue, but I stopped myself before I started to say anything. I was thinking, yeah, I do need lots of attention from the people I care. If I’m in a relationship, I do need lots of touchy or kiss from the person I love. I like to be hugged; I like to hold hands while walking on the street. I like to hear sweet words; I like to receive flowers even there is no special occasion… In this sense, I AM a high maintenance girl.

But who is not? I think in a relationship, everyone is high maintenance. And everyone needs to be emotionally highly maintained. I like to be taken care, and I like to take care of the people I love. I like to express my love when I also know that I can get love in return. Emotion or love is the most fragile thing in the world, it just requires high maintenance.


Red Leaves