Saturday, June 17, 2006

Biking @ Golden Gate Park

I organized a biking event on Saturday. Since I am the organizer, and I have been biking here before, so I planed out the biking route and what to look during the trip. It was a good activity and everyone was having fun! :)

We rented 6 mountain bikes and biked from stow lake all the way to the beach. Originally my idea was to rent those kinds of bikes for 4 people or 6 people, so that I can be lazy and don't have to paddle myself all the time. :P Maybe my intention is too easy to tell by my friends, so we had to rent one bike each person. Going toward the beach was pretty easy, almost all the way downhill. But it is very hard coming back. My legs were sore, and the worst, my butt really hurts. The bike seat definitely needs some better padding. But thanks for all the badminton practice, I have a lot better stamina than I had last time, (which was about 5 years ago), I biked almost all the way back. Not too bad!

Afterwards we went to Cha Cha Cha -- a restaurant on Height Street. I like Height Street; it's different, a lot like telegraph ave in Berkeley. And Cha Cha Cha is one of my favorite restaurants; it has the best Sangria. Since it doesn't take reservation, we had to wait in line. After over two hours’ waiting, we finally got our seats and everyone was starving. Apparently we had a wonderful dinner there.

Fish Net, Qingdao, China