Sunday, January 23, 2005

Lijiang(丽江) -- Lashi Sea (拉市海)

Lashi sea is actually just a lake. Since Lijiang is in inland china, locals don't have many chances to see what sea looks like. So for somewhat big lake, they call it "sea". It was at sunset time when I went to Lashi sea -- fishman fishing on the lake, birds flying across the sky, everything was wearing a warm golden color under the sunset, I felt like I was in heaven.

拉市海实际只是一个湖,因为丽江在中国内陆高原,当地人没有怎么见过海,因此稍微较大一点的湖,他们就称为海。我去拉市海的时候正值太阳下山的时候,有渔人在湖上捕鱼,天上有飞鸟掠过,真是此景只应天上有啊!

Fishing under sunset


Every winter, a lot of birds fly to Lashi Sea to spend the winter. I went there in the beginning of November, I didn't see many birds. I was told that the best time to watch bird is from December to January. You can see thousands of birds, and all kinds of precious species.

每年冬天,成群的候鸟们会到拉市海来过冬。我去的时候是11月初,只看到很少几群鸟,大都是野鸭和大雁。船夫告诉我说,看鸟的季节最好是12月到一月,到时候能看到成千上万以及各种珍奇的鸟儿。

Lashi Sea


Lake reflection